Badminton Coach: All Areas
- Job: Badminton Coach
- Location: All
- Start Date: 2024
National Badminton is looking for energetic and charismatic Coaches to deliver and support new community junior badminton programmes across the UK.
The roles guarantee scheduled group sessions all year round as well as opportunities for additional school coaching and individual lessons.
The successful candidates will have a passion for sports, excellent communication and organisation skills and high levels of professionalism.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an exciting project in National Badminton’s grassroots coaching programmes across the UK.
- Salaried position for group coaching or the option to work as a self-employed coach
- Retain 100% of income from individual coaching
- 5 x weeks paid holiday on specific weeks throughout the year (when opting for an employed position)
- Workplace perks – discount scheme
- Workplace Pension (when opting for an employed position)
- Personal Development Plan with NB Management and CPD courses
- All equipment provided
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Deliver new Community Badminton programmes across the UK.
- Increase participation across the UK’s National Badminton’s junior programmes, and encourage players to play badminton and improve their game.
- Support the promotion of the coaching programmes and actively sourcing new players.
- Maintaining the standard of play on the programmes or raising them to a higher level.
- Acting as a point of contact for players and interacting on a social and coaching level.
- To be available to offer individual lessons to all Community players.
- Actively support and encourage juniors to start competing in competitions within the programmes and other Badminton England sanctioned tournaments.
- Identify young talent amongst the juniors.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required, such as coach meetings and off-court training.
The successful candidate must be experienced and comfortable working with kids aged 4-17 . The candidate must also have:
- Either hold a UKCC level 2 or equivalent Badminton Coaching Qualification or have the desire to be trained up. However, we will consider exceptional people who are not currently qualified with the full training provided.
- Must have a full driver’s licence and have access to a car.
- Willingness to work unsocial hours, evenings and weekends.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the game.
- Some experience in delivering a wide range of coaching sessions.
- A strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to all.
- A professional manner and reliable
- The ability to offer professionalism and become a role model for players
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- The passion for continued learning and self-development
- Have a good understanding of badminton
- Experience in coaching badminton to junior and larger groups, or have transferrable experience in another sport
Why join us?
🚀 Key moment to join National Badminton in terms of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people matter, and work-life balance is important at National Badminton
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
💵 Competitive salary package and performance-related pay, plus retain 100% income via individual coaching.
⭐️ Staff perks – discounts at over 30,000 of your favourite brands
🏸 Sponsorship opportunities with our partners Adidas and Ashaway
💚 Personal Development Plans, internal CPD, and grow your career at National Badminton
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please email a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss this role, please get in touch with Julie directly by email or call on 020 8152 2896
Interviews will take place immediately.